9.30.2007

On a date I stumble into a sunny grove with lots of balloons and little tents, BBQs and a giant trampoline. It's a Meetup of Meetups. A woman with a camera assumes that my SHUT DOWN GUANTANAMO shirt is meant to attract the likeminded and asks for an interview. I tell her I'm the only one of my kind that I know but that it's no wonder because I'm pretty sure they don't allow Meetups in that part of Cuba. She says she works for Ken Wilbur. Across the field the busiest place is the Dream Tent. A man named Kumar is patiently explaining how they bang on Tibetan drums to wake the dreams, guide each other through what they mean, and then act them out in something called "Dream Theater." They are all disciples of a Dream Master named Robert Moss who sounds like a good upstate Jungian to me. We walk on to the lake and lie down in another field as a single white balloon disappears into the sky.

No comments: