9.09.2007

The boss is onto me. He asks me to reorient my desk in our little open plan beach front cabin; I comply to deflect suspicion from my time theft. On a break in the living room, I see a jazz pianist from Maine who thinks it's tacky to host Yom Kippur at home; he's going to temple thank you very much. When I return there is a midterm exam in progress. On stage the cast and crew of our excellent variety show fail in their attempts to build a giant human pyramid. Outside the beach is incredibly steep and the tide is in, making a sort of vicious halfpipe for surfers. For those who are brave enough to catch a wave, the real ride comes when the wave drains back out into the sea. Most people are wiping out severely when they're swept back out, but least they don't have to paddle through the break again.

No comments: