4.23.2007

Grandma lives in an old folks home and her final days are wracked by the conviction that her recipe for chicken soup with matzah balls violates another grandma's copyright. I venture out into the wetlands where my new brown shoes are spattered with mud. On my way I am joined by my old friend Sam and his little brother George who once cracked my jaw with a baseball bat. I try to tell them about another little brother who was arrested but they don't care to understand. I am heading to the house of my other grandparents to see the slide show once again. When we arrive it is already over so I sleep in the barn. There I discover a doomsday device, which is like a Roomba vacuum cleaner with helicopter blades. It hovers and cuts. Hovers and cuts. And as I climb aboard I think, the world doesn't deserve this.

No comments: